Why do you keep and read blogs? Here are my reasons:
- I have a lot of thoughts and I like to keep them in a safe place.
- I have to write to be happy. If I don’t, I despair. Life has no meaning and there is no point, no hope. And then I start to write again and find hope right where I left it. In the pages of my notebooks and journals, on my keyboard.
- It helps me become a better writer – I am able to ‘hear’ my voice. My style of writing tends to be plain and sparse. I am working on keeping the truth of it while become more detailed.
- I like the idea that I’m not writing into a void. The thought that someone, some day, somewhere out there might leave an appreciative comment spurs me on.
- I can get paid to blog. Hey I’m young and I need the money!
- Reading other people’s blogs reassures me it’s not all in my mind.